Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Kat-Kry

My cat wouldn’t stop crying this weekend. Chalk it up to the wacky weather.
“It’s hot! It’s cold! I’m perpetually wearing an irremovable fur coat!”
I usually hate it when Nigel cries. It fills me with distress and all I want to do is comfort him. “Do you want me to pick you up? Leave you alone? Change your litter?” Unless he’s standing over his food dish howling his point is rarely made and we both know it.
Not to say I mind his screaming so much when there is company in the house. Ha! This is what you get for trying to stay in my house with no warning! A foul roomie and her equally foul cat. It’s only made better when he starts banging on my door like an escaped convict fleeing the jailors. Oh yes, please stay in my apartment more often, here with me, my roommate, three feet of space and this psychotic banging crying cat! It did occur to me maybe he was upset because one of Liz’s friends was pregnant. Can cats smell pregnancy? Or maybe he was trying to warn me- “Master it appears this human has eaten a small person! Raise the alarm! Who could be next? You? ME?”
Whatever caused him to start howling it was over by Monday. My mother suggested he’d managed to grow his testes back and was screaming because he was in heat.
Ew.