Monday, September 18, 2006

7 Gods of Luck

I am really into this "luck" thing- in Greece I bought an evil eye to keep said evil away, my mom got me a bronze pomegranit for prosperity- I even purchased silver charms normally reserved for Catholics to give luck to me and my home. So now it seems only natural that my quest for luck has turned Japanese. First on my list of things I simply must get is a Daruma. This badass little man comes with no eyes- you draw in one eye and make a wish- when the wish comes to fruition then you can draw in the second eye. Then of course there are the seven lucky gods- my favorite is Ebisu because he's the one that originated in Japan (vs India or China). Ebisu is the god of good fortune- plus he's often represented by fish which is cool because I've been told my lucky Indian sign are the two goldfish.

And then- last but not least- the happy cat. I have wanted one of these for ions but I can never find just the right one. Maneki Neko, as he is known, has always had a place in my heart. Probably because I am three bricks short of a load when it comes to cats. Now if I could just find a Hello Kitty Maneki Neko- that would be tres kawaii.