Sunday, February 18, 2007
- An original coin of Queen Elizabeth 1. If you search ebay you can find some pretty good authentic Queen Elizabeth 1 coins (not to mention documents). For example this ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120086930269&rd=1&rd=1 ) badass coin. True Lizzy didn't have much to do with Japan- but being a tough, smart woman is very geisha and thus very Kawaii. I adore anything to do with her.
2. A dinner at medieval times (http://www.medievaltimes.com/ ) Oh come on you totally saw this one coming. What is more cosplay / kawaii then dressing up and partying like it's 1443?
3. Speaking of dressing up a kimono would be lovely!
4. The fragrance Bryant Park from Bond Street
5. Anything antique with a cameo
That's it for now... if I think of anything else I'll be sure to post
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Monday, February 05, 2007
One of my most favorite Japanese sayings is "Oni wa soto!Fuku wa uchi!", usually uttered around this time of year in Japan to keep the evil spirits away. It works well in English too- say "fuku" loud enough to anyone and it'll probably keep them away.
A few weeks ago I received a beautiful paper mache Daruma and Lucky cat from Tim san. But it seems maybe I didn't put them in the right position or say "fuku" enough because now my luck has changed and I can't find my digital camera to take a picture! Still I feel very fortunate to have received these special gifts in this, the year of the pig (probably not a favorite among the kosher).