Friday, April 13, 2007

Hajeemaymoshtay




Nice to meet you! That's the badass Japanese I was able to whip out to Lisa Yaguchi- the first Japanese person I met here in international merchandising. I can also totally count to ten now. Including zero, because fuck yea- I am just that type of girl.


In two weeks I start Japanese classes. This is probably either a great idea or a horrific one knowing how in the past I've failed languages left and right. But seeing as I was forced to take those by schools maybe signing up for one that I want to learn will be a different story. So far so good here in the new digs. Shorter easier hours. The "easier" will hopefully change once I get brought onto projects, and I'm looking forward to it. '


Experience is very kawaii.


I've spent the week organizing my bosses office: shelving, pictures, a months supply of diet coke and poland spring. And trying to figure out the endless paper work that is emailed in from all over the world.


This weeks word, boys and girls, is adoption! No, Ralph Lauren Merchandising isn't endlessly adopting little foreign children weekly. Rather in merchandising terms adoption is the meeting that happens when a label- like "Collection" shows it's merchandise to our buyers or the liscensee's buyers. OOOOooh. Next week we'll learn what footprint really means!