Monday, May 07, 2007

Well this Blows




Isabella Blow has died. Some news dribbling out of the UK say it was cancer. I am devastated that one of my great fashion icons has passed. Isabella was just plain cool. No if ands or buts. She was renowned for discovering McQueen, Kate Moss and Sophie Dahl (to name a few). She refused to let the hat die, always wearing one in very geisha-esqe styles. As we see here where a small Japanese town has sprung up in her locks.

I remember working for the collection and being told she was a freak- when I defended her I didn't get that much push back however... even in the world of prep there can be appreciation for the outlandish. If it is true and cancer did take this kawaii maven then I am sorry for it. I will wear my kooky chapeaus with pride and miss this diva of design and style.