Sunday, July 15, 2007

Shin Chan



It's been a while since I've posted anything actually kawaii, so here you go: Shin Chan! Or better known in Japan as Crayon Shin Chan because he looks like he was drawn with crayons. The series follows the antics of five-year-old Shinnosuke Nohara and his parents, neighbors, friends, dog and many others. The series is set in Kasukabe, Saitama Prefecture, Japan. Shin loves to show his bare butt, his mom worries about her small boobs, and his dad likes nothing more than to drink beer and cower around.


I LOVE IT!


I only recently found out about Shin when Adult Swim began running the brilliantly translated English version of the show. It turns out however that Shin began in 1992, has been translated into countless languages and has his own movies and books! I tried to find some online but alas no luck. If you know how to obtain some Shin Chan DVD's with English subtitles or some books so I can practice my Japanese please email me the info!