Monday, March 30, 2009

Why was I not informed of this?

So many Japantastic things to report I hardly know where to begin.

Firstly my friend Christi introduced me to Mitsuwa Market in New Jersey. ::drooling:: Since we don't have a "little Japan" in NYC I was shocked to discover that a hop and skip over the George Washington Bridge lands you in Japanese paradise. Who knew anything this kawaiitastic could come out of the armpit state? And the amazing thing is it's not JUST in NJ! That's right folks, if you're lucky enough to live in Chicago, San Jose, or San Diego they have a store right by you! It's aisles of beautiful Japanese groceries, appliances and medicines- at totally not import prices! You want sobu noodles still somehow fresh? From Japan? YES THEY HAVE IT! This is as close as I've come to visiting my beloved Japan so you'll have to excuse my delight. They also have stores with endless Sanrio and Anime toys, and a Japanese book store. For someone who doesn't read a stitch of Japanese this was very exciting for me. I ended up buying my favorite magazines: Fruits, Gothic Lolita- and some new ones: Brutus and Dog Fan. Brutus ran an issue all about the cats of Japan which in turn lead me to discover THIS.

Do you know what it says? Other then being able to decipher that this is a hotel... OMG Where, What, When? Apparently it's in Taiwan but what else?!


Trying to find something in English about this place I discovered THIS. Hello Kitty Junky? Yes, yes, YES! I bow down to this woman. If I had the dedication Kawaii NYC would look like this.