Friday, October 07, 2005

good ideas- gotta get a gimmick!


Post secrets blog, found objects, urban myths, celebrity gossip- all simple creative ideas that have gotten people a solid 15 minutes of fame and leave me asking: is it possible to put something online people will actually pass around and read? Kawaii is the japanese word for "cool"- and my fascination with Japan and harajuku lead to me picking it as the title for this blog. But is it a good enough gimmick? I think not! A successful gimmick is "iki", not "kawaii"- iki meaning something so cool it's trend setting- not mearly trendy.

So while my fascination with JPop culture will remain here at Kawaii NYC, it must take a back seat to a truly iki concept that will bring in the fans.
And what will it be?
I'd say write in suggestions but no one ever does- so I'm just gonna ponder a theme that doesn't involve bashing my superiors or talking about whether Nick and Jessica are still together.
Till then さようなら (Sayonara)!