Friday, September 29, 2006

Artistic genius is tres kawaii




I was late to my illustration class last night. Blame Ralph Lauren for letting the job interviews run longer then expected. I was in such a dash to get to class that I shelled out $15 for a taxi and still arrived an hour late. I was expecting my first illustration critic to bring me to tears. But to my shock my collage was the best one there! Master Joo was full of praise, and I was both humbled and honored. Later is class Master Joo showed us his work. He's a painter who works in arcylics (gotta love a fellow acrylic user), and he also uses pen. His work was DARK. Dripping breasts and angry vaginas- turns out Master Joo had a very bad divorce that lead to him trying to cleanse his style and his soul. Thus his deep spiritually driven comments about life. Here are the three collages I did. I have to paint the little boy for next weeks class (thrills). If it comes out OK I'll post it here too.