Thursday, October 19, 2006

Remembering is Kawaii!


I visited my friend Ali today, quite a feet considering she is buried out in the boonies of NJ and actually finding her headstone took an hour. Turns out today is the 5th anniversary of her passing. I had thought it fell last Tuesday. Something about her and I- she always let me know when it was important to come say "hi". I left her orchids and chatted. She was buried next to a highway so cars kept zooming by pumping rap. I felt bad because it's the kind of cemetery you put someone in to literally lose them. There are thousands of graves on top of each other. It took me a map and two tries to find her. But the site is maintained- which is better then an over turned headstone! It felt great to finally go see her. I was ready, and glad her sister was able to give me the info on the cemetery.

I suppose this is a tad dark for a blog posting Hello Kitty and baby photos- so in lighter news I had illustration class tonight. Tough as always. I told master Joo I thought he was very wise and he liked it. He thinks a person hasn't lived unless they have regrets. Not sure how many regrets I have. But that's his pearl for this week!