Thursday, August 30, 2007

Today in Awesome Kawaii photographic news

Fashion week is coming up- I'm so excited I can hardly stop hitting "refresh" on fashionista.com. While I won't be attend any shows this round (so sad) here is the invite for Betsey Johnson's show:
I am a major Betsey fan. I've worn her dresses my whole life- most of which look a whole lot like her prom dress! If she was 17 in 1958 that would make her...66. Not bad. Sounds a lot worse then it really is. She still looks amazing and does her signature cartwheel after each runway show. How many 66 year olds can cartwheel?
One of the MANY MANY reasons I love Betsey stems from an incident when I was 17 years old. I was working in a vintage clothing shop where Betsey and the owner were good friends. She would come in frequently wearing amazing shoes (she called them her "fuck me" shoes) they were 4 inches high and covered in glitter.
I now own like 6 pairs of those shoes.
But I digress.
So Betsey came in and was talking with my boss when this famous billionaire and his trophy wife walk in. His wife was trying to haggle over the price of a $500 dress- which granted was probably over priced- but damn if everyone didn't know the woman probably used $10,000 bills as Kleenex- so there was no way my boss was going to go down a cent.
So the guy and his wife leave and Betsey goes "I wonder why rich people are so cheap?"
And I say "Well that's how they got so rich"
And she said I was very wise! Hot damn!
I have more stories about Betsey and that job but I'll hold off for now.