Monday, March 24, 2008

25 going on 26.....


It's so flippin hot. I honestly am glad I'm from a country where it gets cold in the winter..... I feel like I may faint if I don't drink water and eat vegtables. I'm grateful for my hand fan (spanish style) with Hello Kitty on it in bright pink. Sadly this country seems to lack both hand fans AND Hello Kitty!

HOWEVER I have been able to get a great Japan fix. My roomate Elly showed my an amazing sushi restaurant in Tel Aviv and I ate my full...... See this past weekend was Purim and all the students had a bit of a holiday. Unlike in America where Halloween is the holiday to dress up and get drunk, Purim is three days here where costumes and debachery rule. On Thursday we had a party in class with games and prizes. I shot video so look for it when I can load it in abotu 2 weeks. On Friday night the kibbutz hosted an insane party with drinking and men dressed like Jesus and drag queens. I went as an American indian in a costume I put together with old clothes left behind from past ulpanists. It was actually pretty sweet. Then yesterday I went to Tel Aviv with Elly and we ate sushi, shopped a bit, and sat on the beach- heaven! Also we had AMAZING gelato! IN TEL AVIV! Who knew?

I am trying to speak Hebrew as much as possible but I get frustrated when I see the other ulpanists asking the locals to speak to them in english. Seriously- just try hebrew... but whatever..... Hopefully next week I will go to HUC in Jersalum for the day and be able to see the university AND speak some Hebrew.

I'M GOING TO BE 26!!!! My Dad an Judy gave my a supscription to TATLER and a new Ipod (:
I'm glad I didn't open my mom's package yet, it will be fun to open on my birthday morning.

yallabye for now xxoo