Friday, March 14, 2008

GODOL Updates




Ok where to begin? For starters I have been studying Hebrew a lot. It keeps me distracted when I'm not scrubbing toilets or laying out in the sun. We do a TON of laying around on the kibbutz. Something I treasure because I have the wisdom of age to know just how precious doing nothing truly is. Sometimes when we are laying out in front of the ulpan Tiffany brings around Giza the baby goat. Seriously- a baby freakin goat. It is so cute, eating our shoe laces and cuddling with us. THIS is why people go to a kibbutz.
On the war front- I am safe, and I feel very protected in Naan where so many soldiers are just a rifle away. Still if real true WAR breaks out I'll come home. On the news every night we see Hasidic rabbis calling for a kind of jewish jihad against the terrorist who went crazy in the Yashiva. I can't say I think this is the right thing to do.... far from it.
My birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and I keep thinking about it. 26- it's a big number. I hope people remember it, that I get some kind of recognition on my birthday from the other ulpanists. It means so much when I recieve letters and packages! Each one is like winning the lotto. So I must thank Tim san, Kris, My Dad and My Mom, all of whom who have sent great packages to me so far! TODA!
I'm off now... ttyl...
Halli