Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Leaving the nest


Sometimes I wish I could have been born either very clever or very lucky. Don't get me wrong- it's been a good life, but if I'd been born perhaps at the right hour or under the right sign I wouldn't be 23, confused, and haphazardly saving to move out. It has become abundantly clear that my time living with my mother is coming to a quick and messy end. Not that we've come to blows or anything.
Yet.
But at the same time I am such a helpless Mama's girl I'm not sure I want to leave (aka grow up). I kept hoping that if I got a full time gig I could move out but so far it's been freelance and I'd have to dip into my savings which would deplete them rapidly with the Manhattan economy being what it is. And with no saving then what?
But on the other hand, the hand which wants to slap me silly, I want to move out for reasons I can't print but basically comes down to me being a slob. So I guess what I'm saying is I want to start looking for an apartment and some roommates (God I'll need like 30 to pay the bills), but I'm afraid I don't have enough money put away to stay put. In other words my savings will dry up and I'll end up back at home. Or homeless.
Joy!
Since I began this obscene attempt to exsist outside of an acedemic setting almost 2 years ago I have been saving what money comes my way from gigs. Granted in this time period I have also blown a chunk of it on purses and keeping my blonde locks blonde, but I'd guess I could probably live humanely for like 1 month off of what I have tucked away.
It's times like this I wish I was rock solid and could just strip or get a sugar daddy to support my high end lifestyle.
Anyhoo you know someone who need a roommate? Someone who just died and has a rentshare apt just sitting there? A suagar daddy?
Let me know.