Monday, May 22, 2006

Elizabethan Chic


Kawaii doesn't necessarily have to be sugar coated cute. In my world it means fashionable- uncontrollably cool and unique- and who was more this than Queen Elizabeth i? I have been reading her autobiography as well as "Sex with the Queen" (a book about the sometimes miserable lives of queens) and as a result have gone head first into an Elizabethan frenzy. Since I already own like 10 corsets and can't really get away with huge sweeping skirts, bustles, and crowns, why not try for Elizabethan jewelry? However, since the 1500's isn't the century du jour, I've had to poke around the internet quite a bit to find Elizabethan style gems- and most of the time they look cheap and cost a small fortune. But then today, as I assisted the stylist with her jewelry trove for the actresses I came across the most obscenely stunning and perfect mix of Elizabethan meets 2006 necklace! Just look at this stuff! Sea worthy nautical, Gothtastic skulls and fleur-de-le, and of course, badass kawaii Elizabethan chains and pearls that the old girl herself would of surely approved!