Thursday, May 18, 2006

A key to the city

A good PA will do anything. ANYTHING. Usually this means the very mundane- coffee, dry cleaning, pick ups at drug dealers. But today a producer hit me with a new request: get him a New York City key. His five year old daughter had lost a key she'd gotten as a souvenir when she'd come to NYC. All he could tell me was it looked like an old fashioned key, said "New York" and she'd gotten it at the Empire State building. Of course this comes second hand information- and from a five year old no less. Well I searched every crap I love NY shop on 34th street from the Garden to the Empire state building- I did everything but go up to the observatory- and the only thing I found even in a key SHAPE was a key chain. Luckily the producer liked it because it would've sucked to have to go into every crap shop in times square and keep looking!