Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Presents, presents, everywhere


It's a dirty trick to start dating someone right in time for their birthday to hit. Just the kind of dirty pool I would try and use. But alas, in this case the opposite is true and Peter's birthday is fast approaching. Not only is it hard to figure out what to get someone you've only known a few weeks- but then how much to spend, how nice a present? And of course I had to pick a guy who's interests are about as common as my Japan obsession: stamps, butterflies, Marilyn Monroe, French bulldogs, firefighting, boxing..... I tried plugging combinations for the above into google AND eBay, you'd be surprised how few hits I got. The dog is Peter's pet, named Cigan (Seeee-gON), dressed to kill for fleet week. Hopefully Peter's other interests are not Judy Garland and Ms. Streisand.