Tuesday, February 07, 2006

TIBI

Since I'm watching the shows it seems only natural to report on them (tres kawaii). TIBI, a brand I have never heard of, showed first today. Again- a lot of purples, empire waistlines, and huge "fat day" coats and dresses. HOWEVER I have to say I would have worn 95% of what I saw in the collection, including the most fabulous simple dresses with low V necks in bright red and green. And the empire waist gowns were done very well, with a corsetted top, off the shoulder. There were patterns on some pieces- think Missoni meets paisley- but all done tastefully. Such a good collection in fact that after I write this I am googling TIBI and finding out where it's sold! My only complaints? The collection used this awful mustard color on a few pieces and also had coats that looked like that were made for pregnancy (not to mention they had poorly designed fur chunks on them).