Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Don't we all love venting?

What is the point of having a blog if you can't use it as a public forum to scream and bitch? Today's installment has to do with my Tuesday night advertising class, the bane of my otherwise happy existence. My teacher is a fat, ugly, pompous tool- so much so I find myself doodling cartoon caricatures of him in class- he's lecturing and spitting, his gut hanging way over his pants. Now I realize this guy is some advertising superstar, why else would he be teaching at SVA? But all he's managed to do is make me not want to go into advertising. So our latest assignment was to get paired up at random and do a campaign for "Word Lock"- which is a pretty cool product. I got paired with this girl who actually works at an agency which floors me considering her ideas are crap and she has yet to do the "winning" ad in any of our weekly classes. Well I have had to bend over to accommodate this girl. And for those of you who know me I am not the bend over and do only unto others type. I went to her office to go over the project and in an hour and a half she gave me about 20 minutes- she kept leaving to do her actual agency work. Even though she had assured me it'd be quiet. And then she keeps acting like I should be calling her and keeping up on her- no effort on her part at all. What is this? I mean the teacher HATES me- is this girl stupid? Or maybe smart- if the idea sucks she can say "It's all Halli's" and it the teacher likes it he'll be like "Well clearly Katina is the driving force here".
BULLSHIT!