Friday, March 03, 2006

How did harajuku turn into this?


If I was still in college or simply had the will power or a purpose- I would put together an essay showing how the innocent harajuku style of FRUiTS fame prompted the hipster style that is now ravaging the USA. I can't playa hate since most hipster girls have fabulous hair and pretty lean cocaine bodies- but I will say this: only American kids could turn cool style into a weird 1980's recap. This picture is a fabulous example of a typical night out on the hipster-town. All the girls are beyond pretty, and with the small number of men available they're left fighting over the ugly douche who has bought into the "American Apparel" trend and grown a 'stache. It's so unoriginal it makes me wonder why American's just can't tap into what make Japanese style so damn cool.