Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Huzzah!


Well for reasons someone has yet to explain my second hand books from Amazon.com aren't here- but my geta shoes sure are! Two big thumbs up to Karankoren shop . My shoes arrived with the customs straps I picked (the fabric had sparkle in it- who knew?), fit great, and despite traveling continents got here faster then those damn books. My first attempt at walking in them proved a bit tricky- I'm not sure if the front of the geta is supposed to touch the ground when I walk. It will take a while to adjust my gate. Nigel, on the other hand, seemed totally horrified of my new shoes and watched in both awe and fear as I practiced traipsing up and down the carpet like royalty during the cherry blossom festival. If I had a computer I would upload photos of my shoes, but till then I'll keep practicing and waiting for it to get warm out so I can break out my bold fashion statements.